What are Smart Rules?
If you want to create a Flowcode that redirects to a different destination based on time of day, day of week, or scanner's device type, add a Smart Rule. Smart Rules are included with the Flowcode Pro and Pro Plus plans, allowing you to set custom conditions for your codes.
Learn more about about Smart Rules and how you can use them here.
How to add Smart Rules
1. You'll have to create your code before applying Smart Rules to it. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough of how to create your code.
2. After creating it, click on the code you'd like to apply Smart Rules to.
3. Click on the Advanced tab and toggle on Smart Rules.
4. The original scan destination you set up will automatically populate as the code's default. This means that whenever the Smart Rules don't apply, the code will scan to the default destination.
For example: if you set up Smart Rules for Mon-Thurs 10am-2pm, it will scan to the default the rest of the days and times.
5. Select the type of destination you'd like to use and input the destination like you would when creating any other code.
6. Click Configure.
7. Select what Smart Rules you would like to apply (Device Type, Day, Time, and/or Location).
8. After setting up your configuration settings, click Apply.
9. Click + Add another scan destination to apply more Smart Rules to the code. You can add up to 10 to one code.
10. Make sure to click Save before leaving the page.
The Code Overview page will now show you the summary of the applied Smart Rules. Click the View Summary link to get a cohesive understanding of your rules.
Remember: you can always edit your Flowcode's scan destinations and Smart Rules after saving, downloading, and even printing your code!
For more help, please email our support team or reach out to your dedicated Client Success Manager.