NOTE: If you have a Flowtag "Scan Only", then your tag does not include NFC. Buy a Flowtag Scan + Tap to have NFC included
Most modern phones are able to tap with NFC technology, as new mobile devices have built-in this functionality. All iPhone models starting with iPhone XS and XR support NFC tap functionality.
Compatibility with Android models is great, but some older models don’t have built-in NFC capabilities. If you are wondering whether your phone is tap enabled, CLICK HERE to see a comprehensive list of capable phones by device and model. Also, note that Android users may have to turn on NFC capabilities in their phone settings.
To do this:
- Open settings and search for “NFC” in the top search bar.
- If Android returns a search result like NFC or Near Field Communication, then NFC is available on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Apple devices (iPhone X and newer models) all support NFC reading without the need for a 3rd party app.
Flowtags are NFC enabled, meaning most phones can “Tap” your Flowtag to be instantly taken to your personal page, just like Apple Pay! NFC (Near Field Communication) allows the transfer of data between mobile devices when they are brought within a few centimeters of each other.
To properly add your Flowtag to your mobile device, peel the sticker off the back of your Flowtag and stick it to the back of your phone or your phone’s case.
For Android devices, we recommend adding your Flowtag to the top of the back of your mobile device and for apple devices, NFC Flowtags work best on the bottom.
Still have questions? You can reach out to us any time for support by emailing
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to order more Flowtags
- What's the difference between Flowcode, Flowtag, and Flowpage?
- What is a Flowtag and how does it work?
- How to setup your Flowtag
- How does someone scan my Flowtag?
- How does NFC “tapping” for Flowtag work?
- Why are some phones not able to tap?
- How does contact collection work for Flowtag?
- How do I add my social channels?
- Where should I put my Flowtag on my mobile device?