One of the best ways to use your Flowcode is to add it to video content. This can be brand advertising, influencer content, or any other video that you want to make interactive. Many brands use Flowcode in their TV and digital advertising to drive sales, grow their customer base, or to further engage with their audience. You can also use Flowcode in your TV/digital campaigns to track better attribution.
Flowcode's Video Insertion tool is available on the lefthand navigation under the Video tab or via this link.
1. To get started, either click Start Creating or scroll down to choose the Video Overlay Template. Both will bring you to the same next step.
Note: be mindful of the content within your video and ensure you’ve selected a template that does not cover any important content like text, faces, or logos.
You can change the Video Template you're using at any point by clicking Change above the video preview.
2. Video tab - Upload your video to the tool by clicking the upload button (pictured below) or by dragging your file to the upload area.
Note: the current version of the tool currently supports video files up to 5:00 minutes in length or up to 500MB in file size.
2(b). Side rail tab - Only required if you you’ve selected a template that requires additional media (e.g. Squeeze Back). Upload that image in the Side rail tab.
Skip this step if you’ve chosen a template that doesn’t include additional media.
3. Flowcode tab - When choosing which Flowcode to use in your video, there are three options:
You can generate a new code or use an existing code. If you’re making a new code, specify the scan destination and design your code by picking a Pattern, Color, and Center Image (optional).
If you've already created the Flowcode you’d like to use in your video, you can do so within the Saved Flowcode tab. Click Select From Existing Flowcode and then select the code from your account that you'd like to insert into your video.
If you've already created the Flowcode you’d like to use in your video, but you'd rather upload it than navigate to it within your account, you can do so within the Upload Flowcode tab. Click Upload and find the code file that you'd like to insert into your video.
4. Bottom tab - Pick a desired HEX color value or an image for either the bottom or background (depending on which template you’ve selected).
5. CTA tab - Enter the call to action (CTA) you'd like your bottom border to have and pick a desired Hex color value, font, size, and font style for your CTA.
Scan to Shop
Scan for Exclusive Access
Scan for Recipe
Scan to Learn More
Scan and Enter to Win
Note: there is a 23 character limit.
6. Education tab - Choose the Hex color values for the Scan Education icon and text.
7. Animation tab - Either enable or disable the phone animation which mimics the scanning process.
8. Timeline tab - Specify the timeline for when your Flowcode shows up in the video and when it disappears.
Note: the longer your code is present on screen, the more opportunities there are for users to scan it and the higher scan rates will be! We recommend a minimum of 15 seconds.
9. Name your spot using the input field above your video.
10. Watch your spot using the video player to ensure it looks good and make any final edits. After confirming the video is ready to export, click the Render Video button above the player. The tool will then begin to generate your finished video and will email it to you from the address [email protected] when finished.
Note: clicking Save will only save the video to the Flowcode Video tool and not allow you to download it. You'll need to render the video before downloading or sharing it.
That’s it! Enjoy your Flowcode Integrated video spot.
For more help, please email our support team or reach out to your dedicated Client Success Manager.